A hearty minestrone soup full of healthy vegetables, pasta and bacon.
The ingredient of Minestrone soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 rashers middle bacon, rind removed, chopped
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup Vetta small shell dried pasta
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- finely grated parmesan cheese, to serve
The instruction how to make Minestrone soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add bacon, onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion has softened and bacon is golden.
- Add stock, tomato paste, tomato and 1 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add pasta, beans, zucchini and peas. Simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in basil. Top with cheese. Serve.
Nutritions of Minestrone soupcalories: 411.797 calories
calories: 12.3 grams fat
calories: 3.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 48.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 22.8 grams protein
calories: 29 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1981 milligrams sodium